Saturday, July 28, 2007

Grandma moved in

What a day!! First off, I didn't go to bed until 2am, then woke at 7am. There were last minute paint touch ups to do and a little cleaning. I was already exhausted when I met my brother to pick up the truck.
This in itself was a bit of an adventure. You see, I had made a reservation online, thinking this would ensure that I had a truck for the move. Oh, silly me!! Nope, it means I'm "on call" for an available truck in the area. Since that really didn't work for me, I scrambled to come up with a real reservation. Anyway, I ended up with a pick up truck and trailer. This wasn't ideal, but better than nothing. For the record, Uhaul still hasn't called me to let me know I have a truck available.
After several grueling hours, we arrived home. Grandma seems pleased with her new suite. I'm pleased to have most of the work done. We soon discovered that our home isn't as walker friendly as we thought. Within an hour of arriving, I had to rearrange the dining room, move the trash can and warn the kids to stop leaving their shoes out.
As I type, she's having a "slumber party" with my kids. Her nails are painted the brightest pink I've ever seen. She's watching "Kim Possible". Hopefully, she's enjoying herself. She definitely likes my bunny and the cat. This is ironic, because she always claims to dislike animals.
Well, I'm really tired. Stay tuned, I have a feeling life is just starting to get interesting. :)

No comments: